Perspective views of the market towns within the county of Worcester / drawn & engraved by Thos. Sanders, engraver & drawing master.
- Worcester : [Thomas Sanders], [1779-1781]
- Physical Description:
-  leaves,  leaves of plates : ill. ; 37 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsDA670.W9 S26 1779+ OversizeYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Imprint from plates.
Title page engraved.
Each plate accompanied by a leaf of descriptive letterpress.
BAC: British Art Center copy bound in original blue-gray paper wrappers. Inscribed on front cover: Sanders's views of cities. 1779. (The above inscription is the autograph of Dr. [Illegible] the Historian of Worcestershire). Paper label: Lot 10. Ms inscription: Worcester 2.
- Subject Terms:
- Engraving -- Specimens -- 1779-1781.Landscapes -- England -- Worcestershire -- Early works to 1800.Worcestershire (England) -- History -- Early works to 1800.Worcestershire (England) -- Pictorial works -- Early works to 1800.
- A view of Pershore, from Pensham Hill (published Sept. 1779)
- A view of Evesham, from Bengworth lays (published Sept. 1779)
- A view of Stourbridge (published Feb. 1781)
- A view of Shipston upon Stower (published Feb. 1781)
- A view of Bromsgrove, from Hill-top (published Aug. 1780)
- A view of Dudley, from Easey-Hill (published Aug. 1780)