Saunders, George, 1762-1839, A treatise on theatres , MDCCXC [1790 ]
A treatise on theatres / by George Saunders.
- Additional Title(s):
Saunders on theatres
- London : Printed for the author, and sold by I. and J. Taylor, At the Architectural Library, Holborn, MDCCXC [1790 ]
- Physical Description:
- x, , 94 p., XIII leaves of plates (some folded) : ill. ; 30 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsNA6820 .S28 1790+ OversizeYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Equivalents in Latin, Italian, English and French of the various parts of a theater building: p. 
Spine title: Saunders on theatres.
With a preliminary half-title leaf.
Includes bibliographical references.
English short title catalogue, T117829
British Architectural Library. Early printed books, 1478-1840 2908
BAC: Contains loose ms. note which appears to have been torn from a receipt book with specifications and amounts due for work done at the Drury Lane Theater and the Covent Garden Theater. See object file.
BAC: British Art Center copy has  p. sequence misbound preceeding p. [vii]
Illustrations by Tobias Müller; after George Saunders.
- Subject Terms:
- Architecture -- Great Britain -- 18th century.Engraving -- Specimens -- 1790I. and J. Taylor -- PublisherLondon (England) -- Buildings, structures, etc. -- Early works to 1800.Saunders, George, 1762-1839 -- PublisherTheaters -- Design and construction -- Early works to 1800.Theaters -- Early works to 1800.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.