Rowe, George, 1796-1864, Scenery in the north of Devon, [ca. 1837]
Scenery in the north of Devon.
- [Ilfracombe] : Published by J. Banfield, Ilfracombe, [ca. 1837]
- Physical Description:
-  leaves of plates : chiefly ill. ; 27 x 37 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsDA670.D5 R6944 1837+ OversizeYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Cover title.
Date of publication from Abbey.
Lithographs by G. Hawkins, W. Gauci, George Rowe, C.F.Cheffins, and P. Gauci; after: Captain H. Strong and G. Wilkins.
Lithographs printed by Day & Haghe, M. & N. Hanhart, Graf & Soret and Engelmann & Co. No.'s 15-19 published by G. Rowe, not Banfield.
Abbey, J.R. Scenery of Great Britain and Ireland in aquatint and lithography, 1770-1860, 128
BAC: British Art Center copy is the Abbey copy. Bound in original dark-green flowered cloth, with title label
- Subject Terms:
- Banfield, J. -- Publisher.Day & Haghe -- Printer.Devon (England) -- Pictorial works.Engelmann & Co. -- Printer.Graf & Soret -- Printer.M. & N. Hanhart -- Printer.
- Lithographs -- Hand-colored -- 1837.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.