Schmidtmeyer, Peter, Travels to Chile over the Andes in the years 1820 and 1821 , 1822
- Travels to Chile over the Andes in the years 1820 and 1821 / by Peter Schmidtmeyer.
- Alternate Title(s):
- Travels to Chile
- London : Printed by S. McDowall, 95, Leadenhall Street, for the author; and published by Longman, Hurst, Rees, Orme, & Brown, Paternoster Row, 1822.
- Physical Description:
- [iv], 240 p., , 12 leaves of plates (some folded) : ill. ; 29 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsF2223 .S36 1822+ OversizeYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Expanded edition issued in 1824 as "Travels into Chile, over the Andes in the years 1820 and 1821" with 15 additional plates and 378 pages of text.
Spine title: Travels to Chile.
Illustrations by Agostino Aglio and George Scharf; after Peter Schmidtmeyer.
Map lithographed by Benjamin R. Baker. Printed by Rowney & Forster.
Final 12 plates numbered.
BAC: Bound in publisher's purple cloth binding embossed with snakeskin pattern.
- Subject Terms:
- Andes -- Description and travel.Argentina -- Description and travel.Chile -- Description and travel.Longman, Hurst, Rees, Orme, & Brown -- Publisher.McDowall, S. -- Printer.Rowney & Forster -- Printer.South America -- Description and travel.Voyages and travels.
- Lithographs -- 1822.
Lithographs -- Hand-colored -- 1822.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.