Searles, Michael, fl. 1779-1781, [Cost of artificial slate in roofing compared with that of plain tiles and that of slate], 1779?]
- [Cost of artificial slate in roofing compared with that of plain tiles and that of slate].
- [England : s.l., 1779?]
- Physical Description:
-  leaves : chiefly ill. ; 23 x 31 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsTH2401 .S43 1779+ OversizeYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- 7 leaves printed on one side only containing estimates for 10 different roofs. The estimates show differences in costs of roofs made with various materials and pitched at steep or low angles.
Untitled. Title from BAL.
Signed, leaf : Estimated &c. 1779, M. Searles.
"N.B. Since the first publication of these estimates, the enormous increase in the price of linseed oil ... as well as the increase of some other small articles ... necessarily increase the expense of finishing ..."--Heaf of first leaf.
Archer, J. British domestic architecture, 305.1
British Architectural Library. Early printed books, 2950
Harris, E. British architectural books and writers, 813
BAC: British Art Center copy in contemporary paper wrappers.
- Subject Terms:
- Architecture, Domestic -- Great Britain -- Early works to 1800.Building -- Estimates -- Early works to 1800.Farm building -- Great Britain -- Early works to 1800.Roofs -- Design and construction -- Early works to 1800.
- Wood engravings -- 1779.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.