Select scenes in Ireland, [1817?]
- Select scenes in Ireland.
- [Dublin] : [s.n.], [1817?]
- Physical Description:
-  leaves of plates,  folded : all ill. ; 20 x 27 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsDA982 .S45 1817+ OversizeYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Cover title.
Imprint information from Abbey.
The plates were also used in Anne Plumptre's Narrative of a residence in Ireland during the summer of 1814, and that of 1815. Cf. Abbey.
Abbey, J.R. Scenery, 458
BAC: British Art Center copy is the Abbey copy. Bound in original marbled wrappers, with printed title label on front cover.
- The Giant's Causeway -- Blarney Castle -- The Cascade and Salmon-Leap at Leixlip -- Basaltic Rock at Port Coane -- View of Dublin Bay -- Fermoy Bridge -- The Scalp, from the centre looking towards the east -- The Scalp, as seen from the western entrance -- Water fall at Poll-a-Phuca -- Doon Point, in the Island of Rathlin. Rock and rope Bridge at Carrick a Rede -- Group of Basaltic Columns.
- Subject Terms:
- Architecture, Domestic -- Ireland.Ireland -- Pictorial works.Landscapes -- Ireland.Plumptre, Anne, 1760-1818. Narrative of a residence in Ireland during the summer of 1814, and that of 1815 -- Illustrations.
- Aquatints -- Hand-colored -- 1817.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.