Seller, John, active 1658-1698, Atlas maritimus, or, The sea-atlas , 1675
- Atlas maritimus, or, The sea-atlas : being a book of maritime charts describing the sea-coasts, capes, headlands, sands, shoals, rocks, and dangers, the bays, roads, harbors, rivers and ports, in most of the known parts of the world : collected from the latest and best discoveries that have been made by divers able and experienced navigators of our English nation : accommodated with a hydrographical description of the whole world, shewing the chief cities, towns, and places of trade and commerce, with the nature of the commodities and merchandizes of each country, very useful for merchants and all other persons concerned in maritime affairs / by John Seller, hydrographer to the King.
- Alternate Title(s):
- Atlas maritimus
Added engraved t.p. title: Atlas maritimus, or, A book of charts
- London : Printed by John Darby for the author, and are to be sold at his shop at the Hermitage in Wapping, 1675.
- Physical Description:
- 1 atlas (, 4 pages,  leaves of plates) : 20 maps ; 45 cm
- Rare Books and Manuscripts(Folio A) Atlas 28Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Maps & Atlas (printed)
- Scales differ.
- Depths shown by soundings on some charts.
"Cum privilegio Regis."
 p. mentioned in collation include copyright statement of King Charles II, preface, and introduction.
Maps include ill. with decorative cartouches, compass roses, and coats of arms. Added t.p. includes ports.
- Subject Terms:
- Nautical charts -- Early works to 1800.Nautical charts.
- Early works.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.