A treatise on building in water : in two parts : Part I. : particularly relative to the repair and re-building of Essex-Bridge, Dublin ... : Part II : concerning an attempt to contrive and introduce quick and cheap methods ... : illustrated with sixty-three copper-plates / by George Semple ...
- Dublin : Printed for the author by J. A. Husband, 1776.
- Physical Description:
- 4 p. l., 157 p.,  leaves of plates : ill. ; 27 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsTG320 S4 1776Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- English short title catalogue, T101919
Harris, E. British architectural books and writers. Cambridge [England] : Cambridge University Press, 1994,c1990. 815
Later published as 'Hibernia's free trade, or, A plan for the general improvement of Ireland'. Cf. Harris.
- Subject Terms:
- Bridges -- Design and construction -- Early works to 1800.Bridges -- Ireland -- Early works to 1800.Cofferdams -- Early works to 1800.Engraving -- Specimens -- 1776.Husband, J.A. -- Printer.
YCBA Collections Search
Semple, George, 1700?-1782?, A treatise on building in water , 1776
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.