A series of lithographic drawings of Sydney and its environs, 1836
A series of lithographic drawings of Sydney and its environs.
- Sydney : J.G. Austin and Co., No. 12, Bridge Street, 1836.
- Physical Description:
-  leaves of plates : illustrations ; 26 x 33 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsDU178 .S47 1836+ OversizeYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Cover title.
Attributed to Robert Russell. See: Dictionary of Australian artists.
"Coloured £1/8s., plain 13s.6d."--Front cover.
Dictionary of Australian artists. Melbourne : Oxford University Press, 1992, p. 689
BAC: British Art Center copy imperfect; lacks 8 plates and back wrapper. Bound in publisher's original yellow printed paper wrappers. Lithographs are uncolored.
- Subject Terms:
- Architecture, Domestic -- Australia -- Sydney (N.S.W.) -- Pictorial works.J.G. Austin and Co. -- Publisher.Landscapes -- Australia -- Sydney (N.S.W.) -- Pictorial works.Sydney (N.S.W.) -- Pictorial works.
- Lithographs -- 1836.
- South Head light house, Port Jackson
- Catholic Chapel, Hyde Park
- Toll Gate and Benevolent Asylum, George Street South
- Old windmill, Government Domain
- Government House, Sydney
- Governor's bathing house, Govt. Domain
- Lower Lodge, Govt. Domain
- New toll gate, Parramatta Road
- St. James Church, Supreme Court House
- Fort Macquarie, Government Domain
- Prisoners' Barracks, Hyde Park
- Police Office, George Street
- Dawes' Battery, Dawes Point --Upper Lodge, Govt. Domain
- La Perouse's Monument, Botany Bay
- Catholic Chapel, front view.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.