New readings of old authors : Shakespeare / designed and drawn on stone by the late Robert Seymour.
- Additional Title(s):
Seymour's readings of Shakespeare
Readings of Shakespeare
- London : Tilt and Bogue, 86, Fleet Street, 
- Physical Description:
-  leaves : chiefly ill. ; 16 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsPR2879 .S4 1841Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Humorous caricatures of British life with Shakespearean quotations.
Spine title: Seymour's readings of Shakespeare.
Lithographs by George Edward Madeley; after Robert Seymour.
Date of publication from NSTC.
Originally issued in parts and published between 1834-1836.
Fairman, Elisabeth R. Pleasures and pastimes, 174
BAC: British Art Center copy bound in publisher's brown cloth.
- Subject Terms:
- Caricatures and cartoons -- Great Britain.Great Britain -- Social life and customs -- 19th century.Lithography -- Specimens -- 1841.Satire, English.Shakespeare, William, 1564-1616 -- Quotations.Tilt and Bogue -- Publisher.Wit and humor, Pictorial.
- As you like it
- Midsummer night's dream
- King Henry IV, part 1
- Troilus & Cressida
- King Richard II.