Shakespeare, William, 1564-1616, The book of Shakespeare gems , 1850
- The book of Shakespeare gems : in a series of landscape illustrations of the most interesting localities of Shakespeare's dramas.
- London : Henry G. Bohn, York Street, Covent Garden, 1850.
- Physical Description:
-  p.,  leaves of plates : ill. ; 23 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsPR2883 .S53 1850Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Text consists of a description of the scenes and a quotation from Shakespeare to accompany each plate.
Engravings by John Woods, John Charles Varrell, John James Hinchcliffe, James Carter, Edward Radclyffe, John Godfrey, James Tingle, William Francis Starling, E. Benjamin, C. Fenn, Benjamin Winkles, and John Smith; after G.F. Sargent.
Originally published under title: Shakespeare illustrated.
Printed by Gilbert & Rivington, St. John's Square, London.
BAC: British Art Center copy bound in publisher's blind- and gilt-stamped red cloth. Binder's ticker of Bone & Son on inside of lower board.
- Subject Terms:
- Bohn, Henry G. -- Publisher.Bone & Son -- Binder.Gilbert & Rivington -- Printer.Shakespeare, William, 1564-1616 -- Illustrations.Steel engraving -- Specimens -- 1850.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.