Shew, Thomas, A panoramic view of the city of Rome and the adjoining country , 1830
- A panoramic view of the city of Rome and the adjoining country / drawn and coloured from nature, with an historical and descriptive commentary ... by Thomas Shew.
- The second edition, with improvements
- London : Published for the proprietor by S. and J. Fuller ; 1830.
Bath : Sold by Duffield, 1830.
- Physical Description:
- 34 p.,  leaves of plates : ill ; 32 cm. + 1 panorama (31 x 302 cm. folded to 31 x 23 cm.)
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsDG806.8 .S54 1830+ OversizeYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Frontispiece etched by H. Hobson, after Thomas Shew. Engraved maps of Rome are unsigned. Aquatint panorama engraved by Thomas Sutherland, after Thomas Shew.
Printed by R. Cruttwell, Bath.
The preface is dated at Bath April 1825. The panorama is dated May 1, 1827.
Edition statement and "Published by the advice of the late Sir Thomas Lawrence" precede author's name on title page.
Abbey, J.R. Life, 519
BAC: British Art Center copy is the Abbey copy. Inscribed: Emma Burrard, given her by the Revd. John Skinner of Camerton, May 1831.
- Subject Terms:
- Burrard, Emma -- Provenance.Crutwell, R. -- Printer.Engraving, Colored -- Specimens -- 1830.Etching, Colored -- Specimens -- 1830.Panoramas -- Italy -- Rome -- Specimens.Rome (Italy) -- Pictorial works.S. and J. Fuller -- Publisher.Skinner, John -- Provenance.
Aquatints -- Hand-colored -- 1830.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.