Sketches in the Pacific : the South Sea islands drawn from nature and on stone / by Conway Shipley.
- London : T. McLean, 1851.
- Physical Description:
- , 35,  p.,  leaves of plates : ill. (some col.), facsims ; 43 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsT 601 (Folio A)Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Shipley was on board the H.M.S. Calypso during a cruise to mission stations in the South Seas, 1848.
With lithograph title and 35 lithograph plates; all lithographs signed in the plate.
Ferguson, J.A. Australia, 15656a.
Abbey, J.R. Travel, 601.
- Subject Terms:
- Calypso (Sailing vessel)Oceania -- Description and travel.
- Lithographs -- 1851.
- Pitcairn's islands [!]- The Society islands.- Samoa, or the Navigator islands.- The Feejee or Viti islands.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.