Simpson, George, The anatomy of the bones and muscles , 1825
- The anatomy of the bones and muscles : exhibiting the parts as they appear on dissection, and more particularly in the living figure; as applicable to the fine arts : designed for the use of artists, and members of the Artist's anatomical society : in two parts / by George Simpson ; member of the Royal College of Surgeons, London; lecturer on anatomy to the Artist's Anatomical Society, &c. ; illustrated with highly-finished lithographic impressions.
- London : Printed for the author by J. Johnson, Apollo Press, Brook Street, Holborn, 1825.
- Physical Description:
- , iii, , v, , 140 p., xiv, xiv,  leaves of plates : ill. ; 31 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsNC760 .S56 1825+ OversizeYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Lithographs drawn by Louis Haghe and Charles Simpson. Printed by W. Day.
Bridson, G. Plant, animal & anatomical illustration, E183
BAC: British Art Center copy inscribed: Wm. Brodrick.
- Subject Terms:
- Anatomy, Artistic -- Study and teaching.Brodrick, William -- Provenance.Day, W. -- Printer.Drawing books -- Specimens.Figure drawing.Human figure in art.Johnson, J. -- Printer.Lithography -- Specimens -- 1825.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.