IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Sims, William, fl. 1821-1867, Sketches of a gentleman's residence in Hampshire, with its appendages , [ca. 1830]
Sketches of a gentleman's residence in Hampshire, with its appendages / by William Sims, drawing master ; consisting of 13 views ...
- London : Published by the Artist ... : [ca. 1830]
- Physical Description:
-  leaves of plates : all ill. ; 24 x 36 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsDA670.H2 S56 1830+ OversizeYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Full Orbis Record:
- "Written on stone by R. Martin, 10, Denmart St., Soho"--Foot of cover title.
Date of publication from Abbey.
Abbey, J.R. Scenery of Great Britain and Ireland in aquatint and lithography, 1770-1860, 401
BAC: British Art Center copy is the Abbey copy. Bound in original printed buff wrappers. Imprint on cover: 26, Cecil Street, Strand erased & 31 Newman Street inserted in ink.
- Subject Terms:
- Architecture, Domestic -- England -- Hampshire -- Pictorial works.Hampshire (England) -- Pictorial works.Landscapes -- England -- Hampshire.
- Lithographs -- Hand-colored -- 1830.
- Village church
- The farm
- The school
- The village inn
- The gamekeepers lodge
- The ice house
- The parsonage
- The mansion
- The lower lodge
- The hermitage, The sea summerhouse
- The upper lodge
- The bailiffs cottage
- The butlers lodge.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.