The practice of perspective / from the original Italian of Lorenzo Sirigatti : with the figures engraved by Isaac Ware, Esq.
- Additional Title(s):
Pratica di prospettiva. Part 1. English. 1756
- London : Printed for the author, and sold by T. Osborne, and J. Shipton, in Gay's-Inn : J. Hodges, near London-Bridge : L. Davis, in Fleet-Street : J. Ward, in Cornhill : and R. Baldwin, in Paternoster-Row, MDCCLVI 
- Physical Description:
- , 5-8 pages, 43 [i.e. 50] leaves of plates : illustrations ; 43 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsFolio A 2017 23Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- A translation by Isaac Ware of part 1 of La pratica di prospettiva.
The title page is printed in red and black.
The plates are close copies of those in the 1596 Italian edition; however plates 6-10, and 12 of the Italian edition are divided into two plates each and printed on separate leaves.
With letterpress text on the versos of plates 1-42.
The frontispiece is dated 1755.
British Architectural Library. Early printed books, 1478-1840, 3045
English short title catalogue, T153768
BAC: British Art Center copy bound in contemporary (?) quarter calf and cream sprinkled boards. Autograph: Jas. Spiller, 1778.
- Subject Terms:
- Perspective -- Study and teaching -- Early works to 1800.Perspective -- Technique -- Early works to 1800.Perspective.Spiller, James, -1829 -- Autograph.
- Engravings -- 1756.
Etchings -- 1756.
YCBA Collections Search
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.