The builder's pocket manual, or, Rules and instructions in the art of carpentry, joinery, masonry, & bricklaying : with practical hints and observations for the use of the workman ... / by G.A. Smeaton.
- Additional Title(s):
Builder's pocket manual.
Rules and instructions in the art of carpentry.
- London : Printed for Knight and Lacey, 1825.
- Physical Description:
- , xxxii, 258 p.,  leaves of plates : ill. ; 16 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsTH144 S64 1825Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Printed by Shackell, Arrowsmith, and Hodges, Johnson's-Court, London.
BAC: British Art Center copy in original boards, as issued.
Later editions by A.C. Smeaton published in Philadelphia in 1850, 1852, 1853, 1854 and 1856. Cf. Hitchcock.
Hitchcock, H.R. American architectural books, 1204
- Subject Terms:
- Architecture -- Details.Building -- Handbooks, manuals, etc.Engraving -- Specimens -- 1825.Knight and Lacey -- Publisher.Shackell, Arrowsmith, and Hodges -- Printer.
YCBA Collections Search
Smeaton, G. A, The builder's pocket manual, or, Rules and instructions in the art of carpentry, joinery, masonry, & bricklaying , 1825
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.