Smeaton, G. A, The builder's pocket manual, or, Rules and instructions in the art of carpentry, joinery, masonry, & bricklaying , 1825
- The builder's pocket manual, or, Rules and instructions in the art of carpentry, joinery, masonry, & bricklaying : with practical hints and observations for the use of the workman ... / by G.A. Smeaton.
- Alternate Title(s):
- Builder's pocket manual.
Rules and instructions in the art of carpentry.
- London : Printed for Knight and Lacey, 1825.
- Physical Description:
- , xxxii, 258 p.,  leaves of plates : ill. ; 16 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsTH144 S64 1825Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Printed by Shackell, Arrowsmith, and Hodges, Johnson's-Court, London.
BAC: British Art Center copy in original boards, as issued.
Later editions by A.C. Smeaton published in Philadelphia in 1850, 1852, 1853, 1854 and 1856. Cf. Hitchcock.
Hitchcock, Henry Russell. American architectural books. New York, 1976. 1204
- Subject Terms:
- Architecture -- Details.Building -- Handbooks, manuals, etc.Engraving -- Specimens -- 1825.Knight and Lacey -- Publisher.Shackell, Arrowsmith, and Hodges -- Printer.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.