Smirke, Robert, Sir, 1780-1867, Specimens of continental architecture , 1806
Specimens of continental architecture / by Robert Smirke, Junr. F.A.S.
- London : Printed by T. Bensley, Bolt Court and sold by J. White, Fleet Street, and R. Faulder, Bond Street, 1806.
- Physical Description:
- , ii, 4 pages, VIII leaves of plates : illustrations ; 50 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsFolio A 2014 40 Copy 1Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.Rare Books and ManuscriptsFolio A 2014 40 Copy 2Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- "Announced by White in the Monthly Literary Advertiser for August 1806 as Part I, to be complete in four parts, but only this part seems to have appeared."--Abbey.
Abbey, J.R. Travel in aquatint and lithography, 1770-1860, 12
BAC: British Art Center copy 1 is the Abbey copy. Bound in later red half leather and red cloth.
BAC: British Art Center copy 2 bound in contemporary quarter brown calf and blue-gray boards.
- Subject Terms:
- Architecture -- Details.Architecture, Domestic -- Austria.Architecture, Domestic -- Italy.Castles -- Architecture, Domestic -- Austria.Castles -- Architecture, Domestic -- Italy.
- Engravings -- Hand-colored -- 1806.
Aquatints -- Hand-colored -- 1806.
Engravings -- 1806.
- Royal Palace of Caserta and Plan
- Plan of principal story of no. 1
- Plan of the principal story of the Doria Palace at Genoa
- Perspective elevation of no. 3
- View of street near no. 3, and plan of entrance hall of Palace Durazzo
- Elevation of Palace of Prince Lichtenstein Vienna, and plan of principal story
- Examples of internal decoration.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.