Illustrations of the architectural ornaments and embellishments, and painted glass, of the Temple Church, London : from drawings specially made, by permission / by W.R.H. Essex ; with an account of the recent restoration of the church by Sydney Smirke, Architect, F.S.A F.G.S. etc. etc. etc.
- Additional Title(s):
Architecture, embellishments, and painted glass, of the Temple Church, London
- London : John Weale, 59, High Holborn, 1845.
- Physical Description:
- 15,  p.,  leaves of plates : ill. ; 39 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsDA687.T2 E87 1845+ OversizeYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Half title: Architecture, embellishments, and painted glass, of the Temple Church, London.
Printed by A. Spottiswoode, New-Street-Square.
Some plates printed by by Day & Haghe.
BAC: British Art Center copy bound in half red morocco with marbled boards. Bookplate: James Frothingham Hunnewell. Inscribed: Thomas George Harris. June 14th, 1848.
- Subject Terms:
- Architecture -- Details.Church buildings -- England -- London.Church decoration and ornament -- England -- London.Day & Haghe -- Printer.Glass painting and staining -- England -- London.Harris, Thomas George -- Autograph, June 14th 1848.Hunnewell, James Frothingham -- Bookplate.Lithography -- Specimens -- 1845.Spottiswoode, A. -- Printer.Temple Church (London, England)Weale, John -- Publisher.
- Chromolithographs -- 1845.
YCBA Collections Search
Essex, Richard Hamilton, 1802-1855, Illustrations of the architectural ornaments and embellishments, and painted glass, of the Temple Church, London , 1845
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.