Studies of flowers from nature ... : a selection of subjects from the choicest exotics, painted after nature, with a correct outline of each and instructions for producing a facsimile of the finished drawing / by Miss Smith.
- [Doncaster] : Printed for & sold by Miss Smith, Adwick Hall near Doncaster, [ca. 1818]
- Physical Description:
- 3 p.,  leaves,  leaves of plates : col. ill. ; 36 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsQK98.24 .S65 1818+ OversizeYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Twenty flower plates with two examples of each flower, colored and uncolored.
Undated; first part listed as published May 1818 in Edinburgh Magazine.
Nissen, C. Botanische Buchillustration, I, 1855.
Dunthorne, G., Flower and fruit prints, 283.
Bridson, G. Plant, animal & anatomical illustration, C486
BAC: British Art Center copy bound in gold-stamped green calf. Gilt edges. Booksellers' label: Smith Elder & Co, Publishers, Booksellers & Stationers, Cornhill, London.
- Subject Terms:
- Botanical illustration -- Great Britain.Drawing -- Handbooks, manuals, etc.Drawing -- Technique.Flowers -- Pictorial works.Flowers in art -- Great Britain.Smith, Miss -- Publisher.Watercolor painting -- Handbooks, manuals, etc.Watercolor painting -- Technique.
- Drawing books.
Aquatints -- [ca. 1818].
Engravings -- [ca. 1818].
Engravings -- Hand-colored -- [ca. 1818].
Stipple engravings -- [ca. 1818].
Stipple engravings -- Hand-colored -- [ca. 1818].
Aquatints -- Hand-colored -- [ca. 1818].
YCBA Collections Search
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.