Panoramic sketch of Prince of Wale's Island and the opposite Malayan Shore, viewed from mid-channel / drawn by Capt. R. Smith of Engineers ; engraved by W. Daniell.
- London : Published by Wm. Daniell, 9 Cleveland Street, Fitzroy Square, Jany. 1, 1821.
- Physical Description:
- 11 prints in one volume : aquatint and etching ; sheets 53 x 76 cm, or smaller, in volume 55 x 79 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsFolio C 2023 23Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Title and statement of responsibility from first print.
Imprint from foot of the views.
Abbey, J.R. Travel in aquatint and lithography, 1770-1860, 525
Tooley, R.V. English books with coloured plates, 1790-1860, 458
BAC Folio C 2023 23: The Abbey copy. Hand-colored. Bookplate: Moncure Biddle. Bound in contemporary half calf and marbled boards.
- Subject Terms:
- Biddle, Moncure, 1882- -- BookplatePinang Island (Pulau Pinang, Malaysia) -- Pictorial works.
Panoramas (visual works)
- Panoramic sketch of Prince of Wales Island and the opposite Malay Shore, viewed from mid-channel
- View of the cascade, Prince of Wale's Island ...
- View of the Great Tree, Prince of Wale's Island
- View of Strawberry Hill, Prince of Wale's Island
- View of Suffolk House, Prince of Wale's Island
- View of Glugor House and spice plantations
- View of the North Beach from the Council House
- View from Halliburton's Hill, Prince of Wale's Island
- View from the convalescent bungalow, Prince of Wale's Island
- View of Mount Erskine and Pulo Tiscoose Bay, Prince of Wale's Island
- View of the Chinese Mills, Penang.