The art of drawing in its various branches : exemplified in a course of twenty-eight progressive lessons ... / by Thomas Smith.
- London : Printed for Sherwood, Jones, and Co., 1825.
- Physical Description:
- xiii, , 121,  p.,  leaves of plates : ill. ; 24 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsNC730 S65 1825Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Printed by William Clowes, Northumberland-court, London.
Bicknell, Peter. Gilpin to Ruskin. London, 1987. 61.
Another edition was published in 1827 under the same title. Later editions were published under title: Young artist's assistant in the art of drawing in water-colours.
BAC: Publisher's advertisements:  p. at end.
BAC: In original boards, as issued.
Color samples in text.
- Subject Terms:
- Clowes, William -- Printer.Drawing -- Technique -- Handbooks, manuals, etc.Sherwood, Jones, and Co. -- Publisher.Watercolor painting -- Technique -- Handbooks, manuals, etc.
- Aquatints -- 1825.
Aquatints -- Hand-colored -- 1825.
Wood engravings -- 1825.
Stipple engravings -- Hand-colored -- 1825.
YCBA Collections Search
Smith, Thomas, fl. 1825, The art of drawing in its various branches , 1825
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.