Smith, W. Hawkes (William Hawkes), An outline of architecture , 1816
- An outline of architecture : Grecian, Roman and Gothic / by W. Hawkes Smith.
- Birmingham [England] : Printed by W. Hawkes Smith, 1816.
- Physical Description:
- , iii, , 33 [i.e. 32] p.,  leaves of plates : ill. ; 27 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsNA2000 S54 1816 copy 1Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.Rare Books and ManuscriptsNA2000 S54 1816 copy 2Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Archer 314.1
Pages are numbered 1-19 and 21-34.
Attached to plate 6 are several layers of cutout paper figures illustrating different forms of Gothic arches.
BAC: British Art Center has two copies. The location of the plates varies. Copy 1 is in original printed boards, as issued.
'Questions, &c. for examination'--p. 27-31.
- Subject Terms:
- Architectural design -- Study and teaching.Architecture -- Study and teaching.Architecture, Gothic.Architecture, Greek.Architecture, Roman.Cooper, Tho. -- Autograph.Etching -- Specimens -- 1816.Smith, W. Hawkes (William Hawkes) -- Publisher.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.