Soane, John, 1753-1837, Designs for public and private buildings , MDCCCXXXII 
Designs for public and private buildings / by John Soane, Knt. ...
- [London] : [John Soane], MDCCCXXXII 
London : J. Moyes
- Physical Description:
- , viii-xiv, , 61,  pages, LVI [i.e. 78] leaves of plates : illustrations, plans ; 47 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsFolio A 2018 49Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- The title page is engraved.
A fourth edition of Soane's Designs ..., containing reprints of the original plates -- some reworked and renumbered -- plus 22 additional plates printed lithographically by Charles Hullmandel and an engraved portrait of Soane.
"This edition, not published, was made up in approximately 16 copies for presentation to Soane's friends and to the sovereigns of Europe."--Archer.
British Architectural Library. Early printed books, 3091 note
Archer, J. British domestic architecture, 316.4
British Art Center copy bound in gilt- and blind-tooled purple morocco.
- Subject Terms:
- Architectural drawing -- Great Britain.Architecture -- Designs and plans.Architecture -- England.London (England) -- Buildings, structures, etcNeoclassicism (Architecture) -- Great Britain.
- Lithographs -- 1832.
Engravings -- 1832.
Etchings -- 1832.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.