Spooner's panoramic view of the procession of Queen Victoria, on the 10th of February, 1840 [graphic] : through the State-Apartments of St. James's Palace, to the altar of the Chapel-Royal, to solemnize her marriage with His Royal Highness Prince Albert, of Saxe-Cobourg & Gotha.
- Additional Title(s):
Panoramic view of the procession of Queen Victoria on the 10th of February 1840
- London : Published by William Spooner, 377 Strand, 
[London] : Printed by L.M. Lefevre, Newman St., 
- Physical Description:
- 1 print on 18 joined sheets : hand-colored lithograph ; sheets end-to-end 255 x 14 cm, accordion folded to 16 x 14 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsDA554 .S66 1840Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- An accordion-folded strip in 18 sections, which unfolds into a panoramic view; printed on one side only.
Captions along the bottom edge identify individuals in the procession.
Title and imprint from from the final sheet of the panorama, designed as a title page, with text framed by a scene of the "Gateway of St. James's Palace."
BAC: British Art Center copy bound in publisher's original blind-stamped green cloth. Title stamped in gilt on front cover.
- Subject Terms:
- Albert, Prince Consort, consort of Victoria, Queen of Great Britain, 1819-1861 -- Marriage.Marriage of royalty and nobility -- Great Britain -- Pictorial works.Processions -- England -- Pictorial works.Victoria, Queen of Great Britain, 1819-1901 -- Marriage.Victoria, Queen of Great Britain, 1819-1901 -- Pictorial works.
- Panoramas -- England -- London.
Accordion fold format (Binding)
Lithographs -- Hand-colored -- 1840.
YCBA Collections Search
Spooner's panoramic view of the procession of Queen Victoria, on the 10th of February, 1840, 
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.