IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Spratt, G. (George), Obstetric tables , MDCCCXXXV 
Obstetric tables : comprising graphic illustrations, with descriptions and practical remarks ; exhibiting on dissected plates many important subjects in midwifery / by G. Spratt, Surgeon-Accoucheur.
- Second edition, considerably enlarged and improved, in two parts.
- London : Published for the author by John Churchill, Princes Street, Soho : MDCCCXXXV 
- Physical Description:
- 2 v. in 1 : ill. ; 29 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsRG520 .S67 1835+ OversizeYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Full Orbis Record:
- Illustrations by and after G. Spratt. Printed by C. Hullmandel.
Colophon, v. 2: "Printed by J. Mallett, Wardour Street, Soho."
v. 1:  p., VI [i.e. 10] leaves of plates ; v. 2:  p.,  leaves of plates.
Some plates have movable flaps which can be raised to show cut-outs of the viscera attached beneath.
Both volumes include lists of subscribers.
British Museum. General catalogue of printed books to 1955 (compact edition), v. 23, 831
Includes bibliographical references.
BAC: British Art Center copy has presentation bookplate: Society of Apothecaries presented by W. Bramley Taylor Esq. Date Jan. 1920. Inscribed: W. B. J. Sept. 1875. Bound in vine-decorated brown publisher's cloth binding.
- Subject Terms:
- Churchill, John -- Publisher.Hodges and Smith -- Publisher.Hullmandel, C. -- Printer.Human anatomy -- Atlases.Human anatomy -- Pictorial works.Maclachlan and Stewart -- Publisher.Mallett, J. -- Printer.Medicine -- Great Britain.Obstetrics -- Atlases.Obstetrics -- Pictorial works.Sociey of Apothecaries -- Pres. from W. Bramley Taylor, Jan. 1920.Taylor, W. Bramley -- Pres. to Society of Apothecaries, Jan. 1920.W. B. J. -- Provenance, Sept. 1875.
Lithographs -- 1835.
Lithographs -- Hand-colored -- 1835.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.