Stackhouse, Thomas, 1756-1836, Copies of drawings illustrative of a course of lectures on architectural & other remains of Britain , 
Copies of drawings illustrative of a course of lectures on architectural & other remains of Britain / by T. Stackhouse.
- [England] : [Publisher not identified], 
- Physical Description:
- 76 pages, , 20, 20 leaves of plates : illustrations ; 29 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsDA140 S73 1833+ OversizeYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Lithography by Francis Moser, after drawings by Thomas Stackhouse.
Yale Center for British Art copy is dated 1833 in manuscript (pen and black ink).
Title page is lithographed.
"The text accompanying the drawings is another issue of 'Two lectures on the remains of ancient pagan Britain' without the Preface."--NSTC.
BAC: British Art Center copy bound in contemporary brown calf and brown cloth. Bibliographical description of Stackhouses's Remains of ancient pagan Britain pasted to verso of front cover.
- Subject Terms:
- Architecture -- Great Britain.Great Britain -- Antiquities.Megalithic monuments -- Great Britain.Mounds -- Great Britain.
- Lithographs -- 1833.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.