Yonge, Charlotte M. (Charlotte Mary), 1823-1901, The instructive picture book, or, Lessons from the vegetable world , 1858
- The instructive picture book, or, Lessons from the vegetable world / by the author of "The heir of Redclyffe" and "The herb of the field" ; illustrated with 31 colored plates ; arranged by Robert M. Stark, Fellow of The Botanical and Royal Physical Societies, Edinburgh, author of "A Popular History of British Mosses.".
- Alternate Title(s):
- Instructive picture book
Lessons from the vegetable world
- Edinburgh : Edmonston & Douglas, 87 Princes Street, 1858.
- Physical Description:
- 22,  p., xxxi leaves of plates : ill. ; 33 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsQH46 .I57 1857+ OversizeYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- A continuation of: The Instructive picture book, or, Progressive lessons from the natural history of plants and animals. Edinburgh : Edmonston & Douglas, 1857, even though the present work does not state on the t.p. that it is vol. II. Cf. Osborne.
Plates on double leaves.
Halkett & Laing, III, 162
Osborne Coll., II, 843
BM (compact ed.), v. 20, 659
Publisher's advertisements on paste-downs.
BAC: British Art Center copy bound in original illustrated boards. In case with: Instructive picture book, or, Progressive lessons from the natural history of animals and plants. Edinburgh, 1857.
- Subject Terms:
- Botany -- Pictorial works.Edinburgh -- Imprints -- Specimens.Edmonston & Douglas -- Publisher.Fruit -- Pictorial works.Great Britain -- Social life and customs -- 19th century.Natural history -- Pictorial works.Vegetables -- Pictorial works.
- Engravings -- Hand-colored -- 1858.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.