Panorama of the Rhine : embracing a series of the most interesting views from Cologne, Coblentz, Mayence and Frankfort / panorama drawn by R.J. Steiner ; the views from sketches by R. Havell.
- Additional Title(s):
Illustrated panorama of the Rhine
- London : Published by R. Havell, 77 Oxford St., opposite the Pantheon, London, 1837.
- Physical Description:
- 1 print on 6 joined sheets : hand-colored aquatint ; sheets end-to-end 120 x 40 cm, folded to 24 x 17 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsDD801.R75 S74 1837Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Cover title: Illustrated panorama of the Rhine.
The central strip of the panorama depicts the Rhine River valley, with place names identified in the margins. Flanked on both sides by numerous small views of notable Rhine River valley cities, etc.
With an engraved title panel at the top. Part of the panorama extends (at a right angle) to the left, at top.
Abbey, J.R. Life in England in aquatint and lithography, 1770-1860, 537
BAC: British Art Center copy is the Abbey copy. Bound in publisher's original quarter red roan and printed boards. Inscribed: Parick Warner, 20th May 1837, London.
- Subject Terms:
- Cities and towns -- Germany -- Pictorial works.Rhine River -- Pictorial works.Rhine River Valley -- Maps.Rhine River Valley -- Pictorial works.Rivers -- Europe.Warner, Patrick, -- Autograph, 20th May 1837, London.
- Panoramas -- Germany.
Accordion fold format (Binding)
Aquatints -- Hand-colored -- 1837.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.