A booke of drawinges , 1650
- A booke of drawinges : performed acording [sic] to the best order for use & brevity that is yet extant.
- London : Printed and are to be sold by Peter Stent, 1650.
- Physical Description:
-  leaves : chiefly ill. ; 11 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsNC735 B66 1650Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Not in Wing.
Attributed to Wenceslaus Hollar. Cf. Globe.
Globe, Alexander. Peter Stent. Vancouver, 1985. 227.
Pennington, Richard. Descriptive catalogue of the etched work of Wenceslaus Hollar. Cambridge, 1982. 1750.
Parthey, Gustav. Wenzel Hollar. Berlin, 1853. 1750.
BAC: According to the descriptions in both Parthey and Pennington beneath on link on t.p. is: W. Hollar fecit. The copy in the BAC lacks this: plates are trimmed.
Engraved t.p. Not by Hollar. Cf. Pennington.
Plates of body parts and whole figures.
- Subject Terms:
- Anatomy, Artistic -- Early works to 1800.Drawing -- Technique -- Early works to 1800.Human figure in art -- Early works to 1800.Stent, Peter -- Publisher.
- Engravings -- 1650.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.