Stonestreet, George Griffin, Reflections occasioned by the frequency of fires in the metropolis , MDCCXC 
- Reflections occasioned by the frequency of fires in the metropolis : with thoughts on measures for adding to public security, and remarks on the law of arson. Addressed to the Right Honourable Lord Kenyon, Lord Chief Justice of England / by Philanthropos.
- London : Sold by G.G.J. and J. Robinsons, Paternoster-Row; J. Debret, Piccadilly; J. Whieldon, Fleet-Street; and J. Sewell, Cornhill, MDCCXC 
- Physical Description:
- , vi-xii, 44 p. ; 27 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsDA682 .S76 1790+ OversizeYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- The preface signed: A.B. i.e. George Griffin Stonestreet.
BAC: British Art Center copy is disbound, with pages mounted to larger sheets of paper to accommodate other titles bound with it. The volume inscribed: Given to me by my most respected friend the author who died, a loss to the public, as well as to his friends, on the 24th of August 1802. A. Bracebridge. Bound in gilt stamped calf. Has bound with it: Eastward Ho / George Griffin Stonestreet. Third edition. (London: P. Norman, 1796) -- Domestic union, or London as it should be. (London: J. Walter, 1800) -- Portentous glove / George Griffin Stonestreet. (London: J. Walter, 1800) -- Story of Tom Cole. (London: W. Richardson, 1796).
- Subject Terms:
- Arson -- England -- London -- Early works to 1800.Bracebridge, A. -- Provenance.Debret, J. -- Publisher.Fires -- England -- London -- Early works to 1800.London (England) -- History -- Early works to 1800.Robinsons, G.G.J. and J. -- Publisher.Sewell, J. -- Publisher.Trials (Arson) -- England -- London -- Early works to 1800.Whieldon, J. -- Publisher.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.