The history of India : pictorial and descriptive / by Miss Corner ; illustrated by eighty-eight engravings and maps.
- New edition : with a full detail of the recent transactions in the Punjab, &c.
- London : Published by Henry Washbourne, 1846.
- Physical Description:
- iv, iii, -402 p.,  leaves of plates (some folded) : ill., map ; 24 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsDS475 C67 1846Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Printed by Dean and co., Printers, Threadneedle Street.
Abbey, J.R. Travel 468
BAC: British Art Center copy is the Abbey copy.
BAC: British Art Center copy bound in blind- and gold-stamped blue publisher's cloth.
The first issue of this work was apparently published by Dean, together with the companion work on China, in one volume, entitled The pictorial history of India and China. For further details on the history of the publication see Abbey.
Illustrations by Dean & Co.; after J.R. Rawlins, J.T. Rawlins, B. Solwyn, B. Clayton, T.J. Rawlins.
- Subject Terms:
- Dean and co. -- Printer.India -- History -- 1765-1947.Lithography -- Specimens -- 1846.Washbourne, Henry -- Publisher.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.