Clark, Bracy, 1771-1860, A description of two ancient horse-shoes, found near Silbury Hill, in Wiltshire, [1836?]
A description of two ancient horse-shoes, found near Silbury Hill, in Wiltshire.
- [London] : J. and C. Adlard, printers, Bartholomew Close, [1836?]
- Physical Description:
- , 4 pages,  leaves of plates : illustrations ; 28 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsSF907 .C53 1829+ OversizeYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- BEIN 1972 +95: No. 6 of 7 works bound together with cover title: Essays on the horse.
BEIN Uzfe17 +829C: Binder's title: Clark on horse's foot.
The Yale Center for British Art copy has three leaves preceding the 4 pages of the text proper. The third, definitely issued with the publication, is captioned: "Two ancient shoes found near Silbury Hill, in Wiltshire." This is preceded by reproductions of two letters between Bracy Clark and Joseph Docwra (both, 1836), the first in letterpress, the second lithographed. It is unclear if these two leaves were issued with the publication.
BAC: British Art Center copy bound with: Clark, Bracy, 1771-1860. Hippodonomia, or The true structure, laws, and economy of the horse's foot. Second edition, enlarged and improved. London : Printed for the author..., 1829.
- Subject Terms:
- Docwra, Joseph.Hoofs.Horseshoes.Silbury Hill (England)
- Lithographs -- 1836.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.