Wilkinson, John Gardner, Sir, 1797-1875, On colour, and on the necessity for a general diffusion of taste, 1858
- On colour, and on the necessity for a general diffusion of taste among all classes. With remarks on laying out dressed geometrical gardens. Examples of good and bad taste, illustrated by woodcuts and coloured plates in contrast. By Sir J. Gardner Wilkinson ...
- London, J. Murray, 1858.
- Physical Description:
- xvi, 408 p. ill., VIII col. plates (incl. front.) 23 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsND1488 W5Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.Rare Books and ManuscriptsND1488 W5 Copy 2Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Friedman, J. Color printing in England, 1486-1870, 175
Selected exhibitions: "Color Printing in England, 1486-1870" (Yale Center for British Art, 20 April-25 June, 1978).
BAC : British Art Center has two copies.
BAC : Advertisements dated May, 1858: 32 p. at end.
BAC : Plates after the author.
BAC : Text "printed by Spottiswoode and Co." Some plates lithographed by West & Co.
- Exhibition History:
- <double click to display>
- <double click to hide>
- Subject Terms:
- Color.Decoration and ornament.Gardens.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.