The Book of common prayer and administration of the sacraments and other rites and ceremonies of the Church according to the use of the Church of England : together with the Psalter or Psalms of David pointed as they are to be sung or said in churches.
- London : Engraven and printed by the permission of Mr. John Baskett printer to the Kings most Excellent Majesty 1717. Sold by John Sturt engraver, in Golden-Lion-Court in Aldersgate Street, .
- Physical Description:
- xxii, 166 p. : ill., ports. ; 21 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsBX5145 .A4 1717Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- T.p. printed in black and red with engraved vignette.
Engraved throughout: each page with an ornamental border of cherubs, etc.
Text in double columns within red border.
List of subscribers: pp. xix-xxii.
Volvelle ("A circular table ...") on p. v.
Contains dedication to the Prince and Princess of Wales. Engraving opposite the dedication, on the verso of the t.p., is portrait of George I.
English short title catalogue, N63820
BAC: British Art Center copy imperfect: Movable center wheel for "A circular table to find all the movable Sundays in the year" on p. v wanting. Bound in gilt-stamped red morocco. Inscribed: Ann Long.
- Subject Terms:
- Bible. O.T. Psalms. English. 1717.Church of England -- Liturgy -- Texts.Church of England -- Prayers and devotions -- English -- Early works to 1800.Devotional literature -- Early works to 1800.Long, Ann -- Autograph.Psalters.
Engravings -- 1717.
Etchings -- 1717.
YCBA Collections Search
Church of England. Book of common prayer. 1717, The Book of common prayer and administration of the sacraments and other rites and ceremonies of the Church according to the use of the Church of England , 
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.