Sutherland, Thomas, approximately 1785-approximately 1825, Naval victories , 1820
- Naval victories : a series of engravings representing the naval engagements of Great Britain / from original drawings made by officers who were in the actions represented ; engraved by J. Sutherland.
- London : [Pyall & Stroud], 1820.
- Physical Description:
-  leaf,  leaves of plates : chiefly ill. ; 37 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsDA88 .S88 1820+ OversizeYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Aquatint engravings by Thomas Sutherland, Frederick Christian Lewis, James Baily, Daniel Havell, W. Bailey and W. J. Bennett; after Frederick Mackenzie, Thomas Whitcombe, William Daniel, James Lind, John Gore, and James Beresford.
The plates have varying imprints. Most of the plates bear the imprint of Pyall & Stroud; one bears the imprint of Whitmore & Fenn.
BAC: British Art Center copy bound in later blue half morocco and blue cloth.
- Subject Terms:
- Great Britain -- History -- 19th century.Great Britain -- History -- Pictorial works.Great Britain -- History, Naval.Naval battles -- Great Britain -- Pictorial works.Pyall & Stroud -- Publisher.Whitmore & Fenn -- Publisher.
- Aquatints -- Hand-colored -- 1820.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.