The British architect, or, The builder's treasury of stair-cases : containing : I. An easier, more intelligible, and expeditious method of drawing the five orders, than has hitherto been published ... II. Likewise stair-cases ... III. Designs of arches, doors, and windows. IV. A great variety of new and curious chimney-pieces ... V. Corbels, shields, and other beautiful decorations. VI. Several useful and necessary rules of carpentry ... The whole being illustrated with upwards of one hundred designs and examples, curiously engraved ... on sixty folio copper-plates / by Abraham Swan.
- Second edition.
- London : Printed for the author: and sold by T. Meighan [etc.] 1750.
- Physical Description:
- viii, 20 p.,  leaves : ill. ; 40 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsFolio A N 187View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- BAC: British Art Center copy in original boards, as issued.
- Subject Terms:
- Architecture -- Early works to 1800.Engraving -- Specimens -- 1750.Stair building.Staircases.Swan, Abraham -- Publisher.
YCBA Collections Search
Swan, Abraham, The British architect, or, The builder's treasury of stair-cases , 1750
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.