Sweeting, Miss, Sketches of scenery in the west of Somersetshire , 1840?]
Sketches of scenery in the west of Somersetshire / by a Lady.
- [Bristol, England : A. Pocock, 1840?]
- Physical Description:
-  leaves of plates : all ill. ; 28 x 38 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsDA670.S5 S94 1840+ OversizeYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Tinted lithographs, signed: Drawn from Nature by Miss Sweeting, on stone by R. Pocock.
Imprint from plates.
Date of publication from Abbey.
Cover title, stamped in gilt.
Abbey, J.R. Scenery, 314
BAC: British Art Center copy is the Abbey copy. Bound in original limp green cloth boards.
- Subject Terms:
- Landscapes -- England -- Somerset.Pocock, A. -- Printer.Somerset (England) -- Pictorial works.
- Lithographs -- Hand-colored -- 1840.
- Culbone Church
- Dunster Castle. The seat of J. Fownes Luttrell, Esq.
- Dunster Castle, from Blue Anchor Bay
- Minehead Point, Watchet, and Dunster, from Ferry Hill
- The Old Manor House and Church. East Quantoc Head:the seat of J.F. Luttrell, Esq.
- Alfoxton Park. The Seat of L. St. Albyns Esq.
- Mendip Hills &c. From a comb in the Quantoc Hills
- Stoke de Courcy. Quantoc Hills
- Kingston. Cothelston Hill
- Bishops Lydiard
- Bishop Hull. Wellington Monument
- View from the high grounds Halswell. The seat of Col. Remeys Tynte.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.