Sweeting, Miss, Sketches of scenery in the west of Somersetshire , 1840?]
Sketches of scenery in the west of Somersetshire / by a Lady.
- [Bristol, England : A. Pocock, 1840?]
- Physical Description:
-  leaves of plates : all ill. ; 28 x 38 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsDA670.S5 S94 1840+ OversizeYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Tinted lithographs, signed: Drawn from Nature by Miss Sweeting, on stone by R. Pocock.
Imprint from plates.
Date of publication from Abbey.
Cover title, stamped in gilt.
Abbey, J.R. Scenery of Great Britain and Ireland in aquatint and lithography, 1770-1860, 314
BAC: British Art Center copy is the Abbey copy. Bound in original limp green cloth boards.
- Subject Terms:
- Landscapes -- England -- Somerset.Pocock, A. -- Printer.Somerset (England) -- Pictorial works.
- Lithographs -- Hand-colored -- 1840.
- Culbone Church
- Dunster Castle. The seat of J. Fownes Luttrell, Esq.
- Dunster Castle, from Blue Anchor Bay
- Minehead Point, Watchet, and Dunster, from Ferry Hill
- The Old Manor House and Church. East Quantoc Head:the seat of J.F. Luttrell, Esq.
- Alfoxton Park. The Seat of L. St. Albyns Esq.
- Mendip Hills &c. From a comb in the Quantoc Hills
- Stoke de Courcy. Quantoc Hills
- Kingston. Cothelston Hill
- Bishops Lydiard
- Bishop Hull. Wellington Monument
- View from the high grounds Halswell. The seat of Col. Remeys Tynte.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.