The illustrated atlas and modern history of the world : geographical, political, commercial & statistical / edited by R. Montgomery Martin ... ; the maps drawn & engraved by J. Rapkin.
- Tallis's copyright edition.
- London ; New York : John Tallis & Company, [1851?]
- Physical Description:
- 1 atlas (iv,  pages,  leaves of plates) : 82 maps, illustrations ; 39 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsFolio A 2019 38Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Maps & Atlas (printed)
- Title from engraved title page (by H. Warren and J. Rogers).
Relief shown by hachures.
BAC: British Art Center copy, in 42 parts (nos. 2 and 3 issued together), appears to have been assembled from multiple editions, with varying edition statements on front wrappers. Parts 2/3, 9, 13, 15, 34, and 41-42 are from the "Subscriber's Copy." Parts 4, 8, 10, and 12 are from "Tallis's Imperial Copyright Edition." The remaining numbers are from "Talis's Copyright Edition." Issues from "Tallis's Copyright Edition" and the "Subscriber's Copy" bear the imprint of "John Tallis and Co." while the Imperial issues bear the imprint of "John and Frederick Tallis."
- Subject Terms:
- Atlases -- Great Britain.
- World atlases.
Engravings -- 1851.
YCBA Collections Search
Rapkin, J., The illustrated atlas and modern history of the world , [1851?]
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.