Taylor, Arthur Creagh, Designs for agricultural buildings suited to Irish estates , 1841
- Designs for agricultural buildings suited to Irish estates : including labourers' cottages, lodges for out-door servants, farm houses with their offices, etc. : the whole designed with due attention to convenience, comfort, and economy, and having an accurate estimate appended to each design : engraved on twenty copper plates / by Arthur Creagh Taylor, Architect ; to which is added, some remarks on the improvement of the condition of cottages in this country by J. Napier, Esq. of Loughcrew, Vice-Lieutenant, County Meath.
- Alternate Title(s):
- Designs for labourers' cottages, lodges for out-door servants, farm-houses, with their offices, suited to Irish estates
- Dublin : Grant and Bolton, Grafton Street, 1841.
- Physical Description:
- , 13 p., XX leaves of plates : ill., plans ; 29 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsNA7337 .T39 1841+ OversizeYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Cover title on printed label: Designs for labourers' cottages, lodges for out-door servants, farm-houses, with their offices, suited to Irish estates. By Arthur Creagh Taylor, Architect. Price 12s. 6d.
Taylor explains in the introduction "that he prepared this collection of 16 designs for dwellings in part because of increasing concern for the living condition of the 'tenantry'"--Cf. Archer.
Illustrations by J. O'Shaughnessy; after Arthur Creagh Taylor.
Each plate accompanied by letter-press description on facing page.
Archer, J. British domestic architecture, 328.1
List of subscribers: p. [i]-iv.
BAC: British Art Center copy bound in original boards.
- Subject Terms:
- Architecture -- Ireland.Architecture, Domestic -- Designs and plans.Architecture, Domestic -- Ireland.Engraving -- Specimens -- 1841.Farm buildings.Grant and Bolton -- Publisher.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.