Vases, modern and antique : from various examples, proper for metal, stone, or wood : engraved on thirty-nine plates.
- Additional Title(s):
New book of vases.
Eighteen vases, modern & antique.
Vases and tripods on twelve plates.
Fourteen vases from the antique.
- London : Printed for J. Taylor, [1773?]
- Physical Description:
- 3, 12, 12, 12, leaves of plates, 16 p. : chiefly ill. ; 24 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsNK4620 V28 1773Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Collection of 4 sets of engravings, each with a separate t.p., representing urns and vases.
BAC: In original boards, as issued.
BAC: Publisher's advertisements: 16 p. at end.
Two plates in the first group are engraved by William Darling after designs by T. Laws. Plates in the third group are designed and engraved by Placido Columbani.
- Subject Terms:
- Engraving -- Specimens -- [1773?].Taylor, J. -- Publisher.Urns -- Early works to 1800.Vases -- Early works to 1800.Vases, Ancient.
- New book of vases. London : J. Taylor, 
- Eighteen vases, modern & antique. London : I. and J. Taylor, [177-?]
- Vases and tripods on twelve plates : designs and engraved by Placido Columbani. London : J. Taylor, [177-?]
- Fourteen vases from the antique. London : J. Taylor, [177-?].