Cruikshank, George, 1792-1878, What put my pipe out, or, Incidents in the life of a clergyman, 
What put my pipe out, or, Incidents in the life of a clergyman.
- Additional Title(s):
What put my pipe out
Incidents in the life of a clergyman
- London : S.W. Partridge, 
- Physical Description:
- vi, 123, , 12 p.,  leaves of plates : ill. ; 19 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsNC1479.C78 W43 1862Yale Center for British Art, Gift of Gloria ScheuerView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Illustrations by George Cruikshank, engraved by J. Knight.
Printed by Knight, Bartholomew Close.
Date of publication from Cohn.
With an added engraved title page.
Cohn, A.M. George Cruikshank, 208
"International Exhibition, 1862. Jurors' Award:S.W. Partridge, Class XXVIII., Section C., Honourable mention for illustrated books"--Verso title page.
Advertising matter: 12 p. at end.
BAC: British Art Center copy bound in publisher's blind- and gilt-stamped green cloth. Bookseller's label: Sold by Henry Ling, Dorchester.
- Subject Terms:
- Partridge, S.W. -- Publisher.Scheuer, Gloria -- Provenance.Smoking -- Fiction.Smoking in art.Tobacco -- Physiological effect.Tobacco habit.
- Wood engravings -- 1862.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.