History of the Irish rebellion in 1798 : with memoirs of the union, and Emmett's insurrection in 1803 / by W. H. Maxwell ...
- London : Baily Brothers, Cornhill, 1845.
- Physical Description:
- vii, , 477,  p.,  leaves of plates : ill., ports. ; 22 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsDA949 .M39 1845Yale Center for British Art, Gift of Gloria ScheuerView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Portraits engraved by Peter Lightfoot; the remaining scenes etched by George Cruikshank.
Printed by J. & H. Cox, Brothers (Late Cox & Sons), 74 & 75 Great Queen Street, LIncoln's-Inn Fields.
Originally issued in 15 parts in 12,1844-1845.
Cohn, A.M. George Cruikshank, 541
Includes bibliographical references.
BAC: British Art Center copy bound in half calf with marbled boards. Armorial bookplate: Howard White.
- Subject Terms:
- Baily Brothers -- Publisher.Engraving -- Specimens -- 1845.Etching -- Specimens -- 1845.Ireland -- History -- Emmet's Rebellion, 1803.Ireland -- History -- Rebellion of 1798.Ireland -- History -- Union, 1801.J. & H. Cox, Brothers -- Printer.Krech, Shepard 1891- -- Bookplate. (BEIN)Scheuer, Gloria -- Provenance.White, Howard -- Bookplate. (BACRB)
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Maxwell, W. H. (William Hamilton), 1792-1850, History of the Irish rebellion in 1798 , 1845
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.