George Cruikshank's table-book / edited by Gilbert Abbott À Beckett ; illustrated by George Cruikshank.
- Additional Title(s):
- London : Published at the Punch Office, 92 Fleet Sreet; and sold by all booksllers, MDCCCXLV 
- Physical Description:
- 12 pt. (viii, 284 p.,  leaves of plates) ill. ; 25 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsPR4519.C4 T33 1845 Copy 1Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.Rare Books and ManuscriptsPR4519.C4 T33 1845 Copy 2Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- BEIN 1978 1237: has the following variations: in pt. 4 "Table-book advertiser" is only  p.; blue inset in pt. 5 is 11 p.; pt. 9 is in wrappers for pt. 11; pt. 11 lacks catalogue of Fisher, Son & Co.; back wrapper of pt. 12 has advertising matter on inside and different advertising matter on outside.Inscription by Alvin W. Krech.
Engravings by W.J. Linton; after George Cruikshank.
Printed by Bradbury & Evans.
Added half-title, engraved.
Contains A legend of the Rhine by Michael Angelo Titmarsh [pseud. of W.M. Thackeray]. This was based on Alexander Dumas' story, Othon the archer.
Monthly. Published Jan.-Dec. 1845.
Cohn, A.M. George Cruikshank, 191
BAC: British Art Center has two copies. Copy 1 is in 12 parts. Bound in original printed paper wrappers, as issued. T.p. and preliminary matter at beginning of no. 12. No. 3 lacks blank front fly-leaf. No. 5 contains 10 extra pages on blue paper. Inside back wrapper of no. 8 and no. 12 differ from set described by Cohn. Copy 2 is in book form. Bound in contemporary gilt-tooled half calf and marbled boards.
- Subject Terms:
- Bradbury & Evans -- Printer.Caricatures and cartoons -- Great Britain.Krech, Alvin W. -- Inscription.Satire, English.Wit and humor, English.
- Wood engravings -- 1845.
Glypographs -- 1845.
Engravings -- 1845.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.