George Cruikshank's table-book , MDCCCXLV 
- George Cruikshank's table-book / edited by Gilbert Abbott À Beckett ; illustrated by George Cruikshank.
- Alternate Title(s):
- London : Published at the Punch Office, 92 Fleet Sreet; and sold by all booksllers, MDCCCXLV 
- Physical Description:
- 12 pt. (viii, 284 p.,  leaves of plates) ill. ; 25 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsPR4519.C4 T33 1845 Copy 1Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.Rare Books and ManuscriptsPR4519.C4 T33 1845 Copy 2Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- BEIN 1978 1237: has the following variations: in pt. 4 "Table-book advertiser" is only  p.; blue inset in pt. 5 is 11 p.; pt. 9 is in wrappers for pt. 11; pt. 11 lacks catalogue of Fisher, Son & Co.; back wrapper of pt. 12 has advertising matter on inside and different advertising matter on outside.Inscription by Alvin W. Krech.
Engravings by W.J. Linton; after George Cruikshank.
Printed by Bradbury & Evans.
Added half-title, engraved.
Contains A legend of the Rhine by Michael Angelo Titmarsh [pseud. of W.M. Thackeray]. This was based on Alexander Dumas' story, Othon the archer.
Monthly. Published Jan.-Dec. 1845.
Cohn, A.M. George Cruikshank, 191
BAC: British Art Center has two copies. Copy 1 is in 12 parts. Bound in original printed paper wrappers, as issued. T.p. and preliminary matter at beginning of no. 12. No. 3 lacks blank front fly-leaf. No. 5 contains 10 extra pages on blue paper. Inside back wrapper of no. 8 and no. 12 differ from set described by Cohn. Copy 2 is in book form. Bound in contemporary gilt-tooled half calf and marbled boards.
- Subject Terms:
- Bradbury & Evans -- Printer.Caricatures and cartoons -- Great Britain.Krech, Alvin W. -- Inscription.Satire, English.Wit and humor, English.
- Wood engravings -- 1845.
Glypographs -- 1845.
Engravings -- 1845.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.