Land and sea tales / by the old sailor ; illustrated by George Cruikshank ... ; in two volumes.
- London : Effingham Wilson, 1836.
- Physical Description:
- 2 v. : ill. ; 17 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsPR4063.B37 L36 1836Yale Center for British Art, Gift of Gloria ScheuerView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Old Sailor is the pseudonym of Matthew Henry Barker.
Printed by Maurice & Co., Fenchurch Street.
With added engraved title pages.
Cohn, A.M. George Cruikshank, 56
BAC: British Art Center copy bound in gilt-tooled half red morocco. Later issue: frontispieces and engraved title pages are on brownish tint paper as described in Cohn. Does not included 4 p. of advertisements at the end of v. 2 as described in Cohn.
- Subject Terms:
- Etching -- Specimens -- 1836.Maurice & Co. -- Printer.Scheuer, Gloria -- Provenance.Sea in literature.Wilson, Effingham -- Publisher.
- v.1. The farmer's daughter
- I drink to heads
- Belvoir castle
- The great belt
- The painter of Dort
- v.2. The warlock.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.