The Yule log, for everybody's Christmas hearth : showing where it grew, how it was cut and brought home ; and how it was burnt / by the author of "The chronicles of the Bastille" ; iIllustrated by George Cruikshank.
- London : T.C. Newby, 1847.
- Physical Description:
- , 190,  p.,  leaves of plates : ill. ; 17 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsPR4453.C43 Y98 1847Yale Center for British Art, Gift of Gloria ScheuerView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Etchings and glyphographs by George Cruikshank.
With an added engraved title page.
Printed by Reding, Northampton Square, London.
Cohn, A.M. George Cruikshank, 128
Advertising matter: 1st prelim. leaf.
BEIN 1978 1329: Imperfect: 2 plates wanting in copy 1; advertising matter wanting in copy 2, one plate bound as front. in copy 2.
BEIN 1978 1329 copy 2: Bookplate of Alvin W. Krech.
BAC: British Art Center copy bound in gilt-tooled calf, with gilt edges, by Riviere & Son. Publisher's original gilt-stamped blue cloth bound in at end. Bookplate: Gustavia A. Senff. Embossed stamp: Library of Gloria Foxman Scheuer.
- Subject Terms:
- Christmas stories.English literature -- 19th century.Fairies -- Fiction.Krech, Alvin W. -- Bookplate.Newby, T.C. -- Publisher.Reding -- Printer.Riviere & Son -- Bookbinder (BACRB)Scheuer, Gloria -- Provenance.Scheuer, Gloria Foxman -- Stamp.Senff, Gustavia A. -- Bookplate (BACRB)
- Etchings -- 1847.
Glyphographs -- 1847.
YCBA Collections Search
Chamerovzow, Louis Alexis, The Yule log, for everybody's Christmas hearth , 1847
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.