The new Bath guide, or, Memoirs of the B-n-r-d family : in a series of poetical epistles / by Christopher Anstey, esq.
- Additional Title(s):
New Bath guide
Memoirs of the B-n-r-d family
- New edition / with a biographical and topographical preface, and anecdotical annotations, by John Britton ...
- London : Hurst, Chance, & Co., 1830.
- Physical Description:
- lxxvi, 176 p.,  leaves of plates : ill. ; 21 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsPR3316.A3 A7 1830Yale Center for British Art, Gift of Gloria ScheuerAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Wood engraving by Samuel Williams. Etchings by George Cruikshank.
Printed by J. Moyes, Took's Court, Chancery Lane.
With an added engraved title page.
Cohn, A.M. George Cruikshank, 34
BEIN: First issue, with the Cruikshank illus. printed on India paper.
BAC: British Art Center copy bound in contemporary purple cloth. Cruikshank illustrations printed on India paper. 24 p. numbered catalog, dated May 1830 of Hurst & Co.'s publications, tipped in at front.  p. of publisher's advertisements for J. Britton's Cathedral antiquities of England at end. Binder's label: W. Smith, Bookbinder, Ivy Lane. Bookplate: George W. Agnew. Inscribed: To J.B. Nichols esq., with the editor's compliments.
- Subject Terms:
- Agnew, George W. -- Bookplate.Bath (England) -- Description and travel.Bath (England) -- Poetry.Bath (England) -- Social life and customs.Blunderhead family.City and town life -- Poetry.Hurst, Chance, & Co. -- Publisher.Moyes, J. -- Printer.Nichols, J. B. -- Pres. insc. from the editor.Poetry of places -- England -- Bath.Scheuer, Gloria -- Provenance.Smith, W. -- Bookbinder.
Biographies -- England -- 1830.
Binders' tickets (Binding) -- W. Smith.
Etchings -- 1830.
Wood engravings -- 1830.
YCBA Collections Search
Anstey, Christopher, 1724-1805, The new Bath guide, or, Memoirs of the B-n-r-d family , 1830
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.