White, James, 1803-1862, The adventures of Sir Frizzle Pumpkin , 1836
The adventures of Sir Frizzle Pumpkin : nights at mess : and other tales / with illustrations by George Cruikshank.
- Edinburgh : William Blackwood and Sons; 1836.
London : T. Cadell, 1836.
- Physical Description:
- , 421,  p.,  leaves of plates : ill. ; 18 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsPR5795.W45 A38 1836Yale Center for British Art, Gift of Gloria ScheuerView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Printed by Ballantyne and Co., Paul's Work, Edinburgh.
"Originally published in Blackwood's Magazine".
Cohn, A.M. George Cruikshank, 840
Advertising matter: p. [423-424].
BEIN 1978 1352: Imperfect: advertising matter wanting.
BAC: British Art Center copy bound in gilt-tooled red calf, by Zaehnsdorf. Etching facing p. 157 present. Embossed stamp: Library of Gloria Foxman Scheuer.
- Subject Terms:
- Ballantyne and Co. -- Printer.Cadell, T. -- Publisher.Etching -- Specimens -- 1836.Scheuer, Gloria -- Provenance.Scheuer, Gloria Foxman -- Stamp.William Blackwood and Sons -- Publisher.Zaehnsdorf (Firm) -- Bookbinder.
- Some passages in the life of Sir Frizzle Pumpkin, K.C.B.
- Nights at mess
- The traveller in spite of himself
- The hour of fortune
- Crocodile Island.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.