IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Ireland, W. H. (William Henry), 1777-1835, Life of Napoleon Bonaparte ... , 1823-28
Life of Napoleon Bonaparte ... / edited by W. H. Ireland ... ; embellished with accurate views of his battles, &c. &c. &c. ; engraved by G. Cruikshank ...
- London : John Fairburn [etc.], 1823-28.
- Physical Description:
- 4 v. ill. ; 24 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsDC203 I7 1823Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Full Orbis Record:
- Abbey, J.R. Life in England in aquatint and lithography, 1770-1860, 359
BEIN 1978 1357: Original 54 parts, numbered 1-64 in paper covers, as issued; parts 49-64 published by John Cumberland.
Described in A. M. Cohn, George Cruikshank, no. 435.
BAC: British Art Center copy is the Abbey copy.
Illustrations by Cruikshank, C. Taylor, and R.G. Reeve; after [C.] Vernet, Isabey, M. Denon, I. Duplessi Bertaux, and Girard.
- Subject Terms:
- Engraving -- Specimens -- 1823-8 (bac,rb)Fairburn, John -- Publisher (bac,rb)Krech, Shepard 1891- -- Bookplate. (Bein)
- Aquatints -- 1823-28 (bac,rb)
Aquatints -- Hand-colored -- 1823-28 (bac,rb)
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.