China, in a series of views : displaying the scenery, architecture, and social habits, of that ancient empire / drawn, from original and authentic sketches, by Thomas Allom, esq. ; with historical and descriptive notices by the Rev. G.N. Wright, M.A.
- Additional Title(s):
China, its scenery, architecture, social habits, &c.
- London : Fisher, Son, & Co., Newgate Street, London, Rue St. Honoré, Paris, 1843.
- Physical Description:
- 4 volumes : illustrations ; 28 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsDS709 .A44 1843+ OversizeYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Added engraved title pages with title: China, its scenery, architecture, social habits, &c. Illustrated.
Steel engravings by Henry Adlard, E. Benjamin, Joseph Clayton Bentley, Samuel Bradshaw, Edward Paxman Brandard, William Henry Capone, Charles Thomas Dixon, John Davies, Augustus Fox, William Floyd, S. Fisher, William A. Le Petit, Peter Lightfoot, George Paterson, Thomas Abiel Prior, James Redaway, James Sands, M.J. Starling, Robert Staines, T. Turnbull, James Tingle, Francis William Topham, F.F. Walker, Arthur Willmore, W. Wetherhead; after Thomas Allome.
BEIN 1978 1393: Provenance: This copy has presentation inscription form J. Ferguson to Mrs. R. H. Thayer.
BAC: British Art Center copy bound in two volumes, in 19th century gilt-tooled green calf. Autograph: Harriet G. Bakewell, 1858.
- Subject Terms:
- Bakewell, Harriet, G. -- Autograph, 1858.China -- Description and travel.China -- Pictorial works.Ferguson, John, 1837-1916 -- Presentation inscription to Mrs. R.H. Thayer.Thayer, R. H., Mrs. -- Presentation inscription from J. Ferguson.
- Steel engravings -- 1843.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.